Sunday, December 9, 2012

My PictureGroove Christmas


Oh what a Christmas it's been thus far!! After my last competition in October I asked myself the inevitable question, what's next? Refer to my previous blog posts and you will know what this question actually triggers in me...http://anytimefitness-hollys-contest-prep.blogspot.ca/2012/04/whats-next-post-competition-week.html

We celebrate Christmas in the sunny south each year with my mom and dad who own a home in Maricopa. With this being a luxury again for us this year, I decided that this may be my opportune moment to cross something off of my bucket list....enter Sarah Lyons of PictureGroove photography. I have admired Sarah's work and love every image of every model I see. I was excited to find out she had an opening and after my sponsor made a connection for me, I was ecstatic to find out that this shoot could be a possible cover test opportunity!! The work was set out. I was eased to know my next up goal and something to work towards for the next few weeks.

I know it's not realistic to always be in competition shape, not always be prepping for the next competition, not always be dieting. My trainer has talked to me about periodization points in training and I know more than anyone that I do not bode well mentally being so restrictive diet wise. However, I also know that I feed off of a plan. This is how I feel I can progress and push myself. Accomplishing one thing and setting forth to accomplish the next is how you progress in all life's abilities. Just think about it; Do you make a grocery list before heading to the grocery store? Do you plan your workout before heading to the gym? Do you get directions before going to your destination? Do you make new years resolutions?

It's incredibly important to set goals for yourself. Business goals. Personal goals. Relationship goals. Where do you see yourself next month, next year, 5 years from now? Where would you LIKE to see yourself next month, next year, 5 years from now?

Have you ever heard someone say, "dress for the job you want"? I say, "live every day for the life you want". Being a business graduate and working in the financial industry I always loved the saying, "it's not what can I afford, but more how can I afford it?" Now, training with a trainer that does not believe in the words "I can't" the two worlds of strength and numbers marry. It makes sense to me now!! If you look at life and say I can't, then shut the front door and wait to die. It's never I can't. It's how can I? If you want to do something you will find a way.

I apologize for the multi tangent blog, but as i write this on the flight home, earbuds in and a playlist consisting of Enya, I am filled with motivation, possibilities, inspired once again to set out to accomplish the next thing on my radar.  I am, again, one experience richer. We got some great shots, I had a great holiday and hey you just never know, this experience may just have been a cover experience! ;)

You can follow me on instagram and twitter @hollsbarks and check my entire Picture Groove Christmas Album on my facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Holly-Barker/139438026147584?ref=hl

Until next time!
Holly Barker

No comments:

Post a Comment