Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Arnold Classic 2012!

Hi!

So the last I had wrote I was 21 days out from the Arnold Classic. A lot happens in regards to contest prep in that last 3 weeks.

Diet:
12 Weeks Out
From the beginning of contest prep (Dec 11, 2011), I was consuming 2023calories/day (a breakdown of Prot – 163.28g = 33%, Carb – 204.2g = 40%, Fat – 61.36g = 27%). I was so satisfied with what I was getting to eat, I did not have cravings for anything off my plan.

3 Weeks Out
At 3 weeks out my Calories were reduced. My caloric consumption was 1361calories/day (a breakdown of Prot – 135.8g = 40%, Carb – 88.5g =26%, Fat – 35.4g = 24%). This was ok...until my gum was cutt! This close to competition, my mind is constantly on everything that I need to do before the day of competition. As long as I kept myself busy, this was ok, but if I was sitting at the computer doing work, I found it hard to think of anything other than my next meal.

10 Days Out
My Diet was adjusted to increase Carb and Fat intake a bit earlier than expected. My body tends to react quickly when my Carb intake is reduced. To avoid stepping on stage too lean I was adjusted to 1530calories/day (a breakdown of Prot – 106.9g = 28%, Carb – 124.5g – 32%, Fat – 67.8g – 40%). Yay! Sweet potatoes were back in my life! :)

Training Sessions:
As the weeks went along, Kris focused on lifting heavier and reducing the amount of reps I was doing each set. We trained for 75 minutes 5 days a week focusing on 2 body parts and ab exercises up until 3 weeks out. We then reduced to one body part per day and focused on keeping my strength up.
My Cardio was slowly reduced leading up to the competition from 45 minutes per day to 40, 35, 30, 25 and 20 and then again, to avoid going in too lean, I was cutt off of cardio the week before competition.

Finally, it was the 28th and we were off to Columbus! All meals packed,
competition suit and shoes were in my carry on (not taking any chanced on that) and I was so ready to get on stage! After a scare of missing our connecting flight in Chicago, we barely made it and our luggage ended up being one flight behind. Surprisingly, I was not worried about anything and it all worked out in the end.

We arrived in Columbus tuesday night and we had all day Wednesday to prepare and relax before the show on Thursday. When traveling via air for a competition, it is always a good idea to arrive a full day early to get your water weight held from the flight on track. I checked in with Lyris Thursday morning and was happy to hear that I was right on track!!

My Prejudging began 7pm Thursday night. I got my tan on by JanTana, my hair and makeup done by Lori Fabrizio and got to hang out with my fellow Canadian competitors back stage until we were on! Although I was the only one from Saskatchewan, there were other girls from BC, Alberta and Ontario. They were so awesome to talk to and provided a bit of home...I wasn't even nervous!

44 amazing women in my class (Class D) and 180 in the entire amateur Bikini Division! Wow! With women traveling from Iceland, Italy, Australia...you name it, I had absolutely no idea what to expect. While waiting to depart Regina, I opened my Ipad and started searching the names of the girls in my Class. One beautiful, fit girl after another....Brett finally made me stop when he saw I was entering my state of over thinking and psyching myself out. I kept reminding myself that it was this experience that was going to be my trophy. Getting to travel to this incredible event is such an awesome thing in itself! However, being called out in the top 15 for comparisons at Prejudging...and then making the first call out, my mind was racing. What!? This is more incredible than I could have ever imagined!!!

After Prejudging, we Celebrated! We went out for Steak! Can you believe I chose to eat it? And that I really enjoyed it? Oh how times have changed. :)

The top 10 from each Class were scheduled to be back on stage on Saturday to find out our placings at Finals so Friday was a free day. I booked a photo shoot with Paul Buceta for Friday and got to get my hair and makeup done by Lori Fabrizio again! Their team is amazing and sooo fun to be around! Paul is an amazing photographer and i'm so happy with the shots we got!



Saturday morn was hair and makeup by Lori Fabrizio again (so lucky!). As I was getting dolled up, in walks Tosca Reno to get herself done up in the chair beside me. Oh my god...I could tell I was staring! I had to tell her how beautiful I thought she was and that I was a huge fan....and put a stop to it there before I began to creep her out. Ha! Next was tan on by JanTana right before heading out for Finals.
The top 10 were called on stage for poses and then off. Back stage we quickly found out top 5 and were rushed back on stage to receive our trophies. 5th! What a keepsake!

So Saturday night was a celebration. As we headed out for our Sushi Supper, we saw that Mario Lopez was staying in our hotel! I had to get a pic.

Saturday was not a good night for cupcakes! After not having sugar for 3 months, I was buzzing all night and not able to sleep! Sunday was not a good day for Holly. Eating clean is where it's at!

The experience was amazing and I hope to attend the event again...maybe next time i'll be an invited Pro? :)

Monday was back in the gym with Kris and back to my high calorie diet with lots of carbs, fats and deliciousness. I am 4 weeks out from the Super Sabba Weekend and sooooo cannot wait to hit the Provincial stage again!

See you at the gym!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment