Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Doubt Doubt! Get it all out!

Good evening all!

I am now 21 days out from the Arnold stage and everything is coming together. I'm training hard every morning of the week with Kris and doing my cardio every afternoon/evening. I am right on point with my diet and have made it thus far without any cheats or even cravings to stray from my diet. It's amazing how when you are feeding yourself properly you really don't crave bad foods!

Aside from diet and training there is so much to preparing for a show. Here are a few things that need to be in line before hitting the stage:

Flight - Check! Flying out 1 day in advance in case I hold water and need to adjust things for the show.
Hotel - Check! Host hotel with rides to and from event. Microwave and Fridge in room.
Food - Still have to figure this one out for travel, but will be hitting up the food market once we arrive.
Competition suit - Check! Love it!
Hair - Apt booked with Trenna at Scissors and Spice (the best hairdresser!) for root touch up before I leave.
Nails - Must book.
Tan - Check! JanTana will be doing my tan for Prejudging and Finals.
Make-up - Check! Lori Fabrizio will be doing my makeup!!
Hair - Check! Lori Fabrizio will be doing my hair!!
Photo Shoot - Check! I will be shooting with Paul Buceta on March 2nd...I can't wait!

At the beginning of this week I had major doubt constantly in my head. I was not focused and was not giving myself any credit for the gains I have made this season. I gave myself 2 days to feel like that. I'm not thinking like that anymore. I've worked my butt off and am so excited for this experience!

Lyris sent me this message...and it's just what I needed to snap me out of it and keep pushing!!



Also, a member of the gym was so kind to predict my future! :) One day I hope!!



So tonight was my last sweet potatoe for a while. :( Tomorrow my diet is adjusted and I'm so excited to see the changes that will happen in the next 3 weeks.

Even though I don't get treats, I like to bake healthy treats for Brett. On the menu this week were Protein Bars...I hope you enjoy these as much as he is!

Protein Bars
Nutritional Information
Recipe yields – 12 med sized bars
Per Bar – 176.25cal – 6.25g fat, 15g carb, 15g prot

¼ cup coconut
1 cup chocolate protein powder
1 cup oats
2 tbsp cocoa powder
¼ cup sliced roasted almonds
¼ cup 70% dark chocolate chips
2 tbsp natural crunchy peanut butter
2 tbsp honey
Water for consistency
¼ cup cashew pieces

*optional*
¼ cup raisins
2 pieces 70% chocolate bar chopped up

Add first 5 ingredients in a bowl (dry). In a separate bowl, add the next 3 ingredients and microwave for 30 seconds (until melted) and mix (wet). Add the wet ingredients to the dry and bring together using water to create desired consistency (you want it really gooey). If you wish to add the *optional* ingredients or whatever delicious extras you’d like, now is the time to do it! 
Line a 9x9 dish with parchment paper and pour mixture in. Spread out in an even layer. Top with the crushed cashew pieces. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Enjoy!

Signing off and see you in the gym!
Holly

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say I think your blog is great. Ive made lots of the reciepes you posted and love the PM pancakes. They taste like cheat food LOL. You noted in one blog that you used sugar free syrup, where do you usually buy it?

    Also, Im 7 weeks out from my first competition. Everyone I talk to recommends Jan Tana, which I see you are using also. Do you buy it on line and apply it your self? Or use the services at the show?

    Sorry for all the questions :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lee!
      No problem, I love questions! So sorry for the tardy reply. I'm so happy you like my blog and congratulations to you on prepping for your first compeition!

      The sugar free syrups can be found at starbucks or the Da Vinci brands I'v found at Gale's Wholesale in Regina. They have every kind imaginable!

      Jan Tana is super easy to apply if you have someone that can help you. I bought the package on line for Nationals, but will be using the services at the Arnolds next week. I absolutely recommend the product. After using pro tan for my first 2 shows, jan tana was so much quicker and easier to work with.

      Please let me know if you have any other questions :)

      Happy contest prep Lee!
      Holly

      Delete