Sunday, April 1, 2012

Super Excited for the Super SABBA Weekend! 1 week out!!

I am now just 7 days away from stepping on stage again for Provincials at the Super SABBA Weekend. Since the Arnold, I've been steady at it with Kris in the gym trying to make improvements to....my glutes! Big surprise? Not really. :)

Right now my Daily Caloric Intake is:
Calories – 1666
Protein – 168 (672 cals = @40%)
Carbohydrate – 118 (472 cals = @28%)
Fat – 64 (576 cals = @34%)
I'm staying full and feeling really good. I do, however, find myself eating my cookie dough earlier and earlier in the evening because I look forward to it all day! (recipe on my fb page)

Last weekend we had a Team Cappelle meet to make sure everyone was on track with their measurements and to practice our posing. It was great to be able to talk to everyone and get to talk to the new competitors about their experience thus far. It's fun to talk about things that have now become normal to me, but were kind of bizarre when I began this life.

Everyone weighed in with amazing results and even though Lyris and Ryan said I was right on track, I had a hard time not feeling a bit out of place with all of the super lean and cut figure and bodybuilding competitors. Even though I am well aware that I placed poorly last year due to being too lean, it is hard to get my head around gaining weight. Everyone is always fixated on losing weight and dropping body fat, but in the bikini category, being too lean is not a good thing.

After we all practiced our posing and stage presentations we gobbled up our meals and headed to the gym for a fun group photoshoot!

So this last week is going to be a busy one. I have a photoshoot with Glen Grant on Tuesday! I have gotten some fun outfits for this shoot and am so excited to work with Glen and Janine again!!
I keep training and doing my cardio until Wednesday and then rest and prep to hit the stage! I'm so excited that the competition is right in Regina and that I do not need to pack and travel and stay in a hotel. I'm also very excited to have friends in the audience, but that does make me more nervous.

Schedule of events for Holly Barker:
Friday April 6th at 2pm - Inside Fitness Bikini Search Judging
Saturday April 7th at 9am - Provincial Bikini Pre-judging
Saturday April 7th at 2pm - Inside Fitness Bikini/Fitness Search Finals
Saturday April 7th at 6pm - provincial Bikini Finals
This time there are no crazy pre competition meals or french fries the night before, but I do get to enjoy a nice peice of salmon, broccoli and a baked potatoe! That suits me just fine! :)

As a side note - This past year I have experienced problems with my skin as if I was a teenager again. I'm not sure if it is because of the increased amount of protein I have been eating, the two a day workouts or both, but I'm excited to now be using Skincerity. The product is great for so many symptoms: acne, scars, loose skin, wrinkles, large pores, sun damage and the list goes on. If you or anyone you know would like the product let me know and I can bring it to you or you can go online at


http://www.mynucerity.com/hollybarker/

So now I must sign off and do my tub soak for the night! I will do a tub soak and exfoliate every night until my tan is applied. This is necessary to get my skin nice and dry so that my tan sticks better! :) Fun fact!!

See you at the gym!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment